About

Thursday, January 14, 2016

My 2016 Reading List


I'm linking up with Victoria and Sarah this week for Book Club Thursday! These are two of my favorite blogs so be sure to head over to their sites to see what they're reading!

One of my goals for 2016 is to read! I love to read but I'm super inconsistent so I've committed to reading this year! I've selected a bunch of books and planned them out for the year. I don't know if I'll be able to stick to the plan I made, but grace ya'll. It's a mix of genres to keep things interesting and I really want to focus on reading things that will enrich my life. I want to learn a lot from this season so I was very intentional with the books I selected. Also, I left off books for November and December because, real life, I'll probably get behind or someone will suggest a book to me and I'll read that one one month instead so I built in a buffer for myself :) So with that, here's my reading list for 2016! 

January:
The Elite by Kiera Cass (I'm obsessed with this series thanks to Victoria!)
7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey 
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller

February:
His Needs, Her Needs by Willard F. Harley, Jr.
Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman
(Un)Qualified by Steven Furtick (that's our Pastor!)

March:
The One by Kiera Cass
The Finishing School by Valerie Woerner (her blog is wonderful too!)
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

April:
Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster
The Heir by Kiera Cass
You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis Chan

May:
168 Hours by Laura Vanderkram
Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist (read this last year but you can't read it too much)

June:
The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey

July:
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs 

August:
1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp (again I've read it, but HELLO!)

September:
The Truth About Style by Stacy London (any What Not to Wear fans out there?!)

October:
Simplify by Bill Hybels 



2 comments:

  1. Get it girl!! You totally have your 2016 ready to go! :) Isn't the Selection just your favorite thing to ever happen? GAH I'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whole Selection series! And I love that you have Keller and Chan on your reading list! I love listening to podcasts from Tim Keller and reading Chan's books!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete